THE POWER OF FORWARD MOMENTUM
Momentum: The quantity of motion of a moving body, measured as a product of its mass and velocity.
Building forward momentum is a powerful force that can positively impact nearly every aspect of your life. It can lead to increased productivity, personal growth, and a greater sense of achievement and satisfaction.
Developing the discipline and habits to create and maintain momentum is a valuable skill for success and happiness.
The 24K Life foundational code is all about self-mastery and how to best accomplish one of life’s most difficult tasks. At this stage of life, I am certain that 90% of people over the age of 35 know what they need to do to master themselves. The issue of course is not in the knowing it is in the doing.
When it comes to doing, most can’t seem to repeat the doing often enough to create consistency. Basically, they lack the self-control or discipline to become consistent. When it comes to a lack of self-control, you are conceding to fail, or at least only winning periodically. No one consciously chooses to roll the dice on life, but that’s exactly what’s happening. Discipline is certainty, its freedom.
WHAT’S THE BLOCK
The block is your limited inconsistent weak thinking habits. Otherwise known as a lack of self-control. If you don’t control your thoughts, you can’t control the words that come out of your mouth. Words create. So what you have in your life right now is the life that you have created.
You are constantly speaking life or death into and over your life. What you say you believe and so does everyone you speak to. When you speak less of yourself to others, they accept that you are less. Therefore they will treat you as if you are less. Do other’s opinions of you matter? They shouldn’t but most of the time people accept others’ opinions as a reinforcement or confirmation.
Your block or blocks are the limiting demeaning words you think and use about yourself. Words like BUT or MAYBE.
MAYBE I can do better if I try.
I would go for the gold BUT I always come up short.
You know, I never win anything.
My money is always running funny.
Every time I get extra TIME / MONEY / SUPPORT, something happens to ruin it.
HOW TO BUST THOSE BLOCKS
Understand that you may not be able to go full bore on positive thinking and speaking right away. Transformation can be a one-second decision and a longer-term manifestation. You said it and now it will take a minute to see it daily.
You can ebb the process by working diligently on at a minimum stopping the inner and outer comments. Just counter negative with elimination. Stop killing your forward momentum by using resistant thoughts and words.
Change MAYBE I can do better if I try, into I can do better! (Positive) Or you can simply say to yourself, “That’s not true.” (Neutral)
I used to reach my car upon leaving the office and remember I forgot something and I would berate myself terribly. Upon doing my work, I stopped berating myself. After I mastered that, I began to exclaim, “Wow that’s strange, I never forget anything when I leave my office.”
Begin to take advantage of the power of building momentum.
Power is momentum and momentum is power! Working to control your thoughts a little more every day is the best place to start. Your mission is to recognize the negative and shut it down immediately.
Don’t be afraid to be confident and different.
You are strong enough to stand alone.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS
The benefits of building momentum are so vast that it’s a given we all need more. Here are a few benefits of incorporating discipline, habits, and consistency.
- Increased Productivity: Momentum helps you stay focused and motivated, making it easier to accomplish tasks efficiently. It can reduce procrastination and the time it takes to complete projects.
- Consistency: When you build momentum, you establish a routine that becomes second nature. Consistency is key to achieving long-term goals and maintaining good habits.
- Achievement of Goals: Forward momentum propels you toward your goals, making it more likely that you’ll reach them. Small achievements can lead to bigger successes over time.
- Boosted Confidence: Success breeds confidence. As you accomplish tasks and reach milestones, your self-esteem and self-belief grow, encouraging you to take on more significant challenges.
- Positive Feedback Loop: Momentum creates a positive feedback loop. As you achieve one goal, it motivates you to tackle the next one, creating a continuous cycle of progress.
- Reduced Stress: When you have a sense of control and are making steady progress, you tend to experience less stress. Knowing that you are moving forward can help you manage anxiety and uncertainty.
- Adaptability: Building momentum can make you more adaptable and resilient. When you’re used to moving forward, you’re better equipped to handle setbacks and changes in your plans.
- Career Advancement: In a professional context, momentum can lead to career advancement. Consistently delivering results and achieving goals can catch the attention of employers and lead to opportunities for growth.
- Financial Stability: Momentum in financial planning and saving can lead to financial stability and future security. Regular contributions to savings and investments can accumulate over time.
- Long-Term Satisfaction: Building forward momentum can contribute to long-term satisfaction and a sense of fulfillment. Knowing that you are making progress in various areas of life can lead to a more fulfilling and contented existence.